Q. How long can I keep my books?
The length of the checkout period depends on the type of item you borrow.
- Books—4 weeks (8 weeks for doctoral students)
- Videos/DVDs—2 weeks
- Reserve items vary: click here for information on Reserves
- Books may be returned to the book drops:
- In front of the Collins Learning Center, left of the doors.
- Slot in the circulation desk, just inside the Library doors.
- Videos and DVDs must be returned to the basket on the circulation desk—using the book drops could result in damage to the items.
- Reserve items must be returned to the basket on the circulation desk. If possible, tell the person on duty that you have returned a reserve item.
- Graduating students should return all Library items by the first day of the month in which they graduate, i.e., May 1st, August 1st, or December 1st.