How do I renew a book?
Need your items longer? Renew your checkout period.
- Borrowed items may be renewed ONLY once, before they are due.
- If someone has placed a Hold on your item, you won’t be allowed to renew it.
- Here are five ways to renew your items:
- In person: visit the circulation desk
- By phone: 214-333-5320
- By email: email@example.com
- Provide your name and DBU ID number.
- Include title, author, and barcode number from item.
- Online: complete the Online Renewal Form.
- DIY (Do It Yourself): use your account in the Library Catalog:
1. Choose "My DBU Library Account" (top right of screen). If you haven’t set up your library account, follow these directions.
2. Item[s] checked out to you will appear in a list.
3. Click "Renew" for each item you wish to renew.
REMEMBER: If you checked out the item using ILL, you will need to contact the ILL Supervisor. Different rules may apply.