The book I need is checked out. What do I do?
If you need a book that the library owns, but it is currently checked out to someone else, you may place the book on HOLD.
This will ensure that the item is saved for you when it is turned back in. To place a book on hold:
- Search for the item in the online Library catalog.
- Click on the title of the item.
- Click "Place Hold”.
- Enter your DBU ID number and password where prompted.
- Select "Submit." You will be notified by DBU email when the item is available.
- NOTE: you cannot place holds on Reserve or Reference items.